Gottfried-Wilhelm-Leibniz comprehensive school is located in the North of Duisburg. Duisburg is quite a big city in North-Rhine-Westfalia, 20km away from Düsseldorf. Duisburg has about 500.000 inhabitants and consists of seven boroughs. Two important rivers run through Duisburg: the Rhine and Ruhr.
Our school is a secondary school of about 1450 students and 145 teachers and is divided into three departments. At our comprehensive school students can reach all kinds of degrees.
Our school is experienced in various fields, such as
- „MINT“ (certificate for special education in Mathematics, Computer Science, Natural Science and Technical Studies)
- „Schule der Zukunft“ (certificate for education and environmental protection)
- teaching refugee classes for more than 10 years
- extracurricular activities: clubs and project weeks (gardening, dancing, crafting, bouldering, football, tennis, table tennis and many more)
Our students and school staff is a melting pot of various nationalities, religions and social backgrounds.
Why Building Bridges?
Our school is located in a socially and economically disadvantaged area and most of our students have limited possibilities to get to know other European countries, cultures and ways of living.
We want to help our students
- to experience European values
- to widen their horizon by engaging in intercultural encounters
Furthermore, we aim at
- exchanging innovative practices and teaching methods
- creating a network between teachers, students and school staff to implement the European spirit in our everyday school life.